Samson's VR88 Velocity Ribbon Microphone combines traditional ribbon technology with the precision and versatility of advanced active electronics. It's perfect for capturing warm, natural audio in a variety of live and studio applications, such as miking vocals, acoustic instruments, electric guitars and even overhead miking drums.
The VR88 features a low mass, 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon suspended within an intense neodymium field, producing a warm and natural response that is silky smooth from top to bottom. The microphone is equipped with a bidirectional (figure-8) pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection. The VR88's FET amplifier and transformer provide the high output and stabilized source impedance necessary for compatibility with any mic pre amplifier. In addition, The VR88 produces a smooth, extended frequency response and is capable of handling high SPLs of up to 137dB, making it an excellent choice for miking vocals, acoustic instruments and even electric guitars.
The quality of the VR88 compares to the most highly regarded classic ribbon microphones found in top recording studios. For this reason, its rugged die cast constructed body, as well as a shockmount, comes in a protective carry case.
With a sharp new look and superior sound reproduction, the VR88 Velocity Ribbon Microphone represents Samson’s commitment to bringing you the very best microphones.
- Low mass, 2.5-micron aluminum ribbon microphone
- Ideal for miking soft, delicate sounds or warming up digital recordings
- Strong neodymium magnets, precision electronics provide increased sensitivity, low self-noise
- Bidirectional (figure-8) pickup pattern with excellent off-axis rejection
- Smooth, extended frequency response of 20Hz-20kHz
- Handles high SPLs of up to 135dB
- FET amplifier and transformer provide increased output, stabilized source impedance for compatibility with any mic preamp
- Rugged die-cast construction
- Includes shockmount and carry case