The violin did not yet exist in the Middle Ages, but its ancestor the medieval fiddle, was mistrals' favourite instrument. Its repertoire was large. It was used to accompany songs, but also for dancing. It was the ideal instrument. The goal of this book is to help young violinists discover the roots of its repertoire and to practice the fundamental rhythmic aspects and modal spirit of the melody.
Also included are these technical exercises:
- Melodic exercises from the Middle Ages
- Chart - The six rhythmic modes
- Bowing practice with rhythmical modes
- Practice on modes from the Middle Ages (2 violins)
- Preparatory melodic exercises
- Practice on combined rhythmical modes