Born in Corona, California, the 24”-scale American Performer Mustang delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an authentic Fender, along with a unique feel and new player-oriented features that make it even more inspiring to play.
- Alder body
- Yosemite single-coil Mustang pickups; Greasebucket tone system
- Vintage-modern Mustang bridge
- “Modern C”-shaped neck with 9.5”-radius fingerboard; 22 jumbo frets
- ClassicGear™ tuning machines; silver ‘70s logo
New Yosemite Pickups: Sonically versatile and musically useful, American Performer Yosemite pickups are crafted around special alnico blends and specifically voiced for each instrument and position.
New Classicgear Tuning Machines: Combining vintage style with a modern 18:1 gear ratio, ClassicGear tuning machines have smooth action and make it easier to fine-tune your instrument.
Jumbo Frets: Jumbo frets make it easier to achieve wide, expressive bends that add your personal touch to your music.
Vintage-Style Bridge: For authentic Telecaster twang and snap, this guitar sports 3 brass saddles for classic Fender style and sound.
Satin-Finished Neck: Featuring a “Modern C”-shaped profile that works well with almost any playing style, the neck also hosts a satin finish on the back, giving it a smooth, fast playing feel.
Greasebucket Tone System: This uniquely Fender tone system lets you cut treble without losing gain or “muddying” your sound, preserving your carefully shaped tone.
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Mustang®
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: Modern "C"
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
- Position Inlays: White Dots
- Truss Rod: Standard
- Truss Rod Nut: 1/8" American Series
- Bridge Pickup: Yosemite Single-Coil Mustang
- Neck Pickup: Yosemite Single-Coil Mustang
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Configuration: SS
- Bridge: American Performer Mustang Bridge and Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender ClassicGear™
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Switch Tip: Black
- Neck Plate: 4-Bolt
- Strings: Fender® USA 250L, NPS (.009-.042 Gauges)