Since it first appeared in the 1930s, the concise, clear content of the best-selling A Tune A Day
series has revolutionised music-making in the classroom and the home.
Now, for the first time, C Paul Herfurth's original books have been completely rewritten with new music and the latest instrumental technique for a new generation of musicians. The A New Tune A Day
books have the same logical, gentle pace, and keen attention to detail, but with a host of innovations: the inclusion of a DVD and an audio CD - with actual performances and backing tracks - will make practice even more fun and exciting, and the explanatory diagrams and photographs will help the student to achieve the perfect technique and tone.
This book contains:
- Advice on equipment
- Instructions for an effective technique and a comfortable posture
- Easy-to-follow section on reading music
- Demonstration DVD introducing basic techniques and notation
- Audio CD with a virtuoso performance, backing tracks and audio examples
- Great music including duets
- Tests to check progress and comprehension
- Useful pull-out chart giving note positions and common chords